WELCOME TO THE ISRS 2019 WEBPAGE
- ABSTRACT acceptance notes were sent out. If you did not receive any notification, please contact email@example.com
- Registration is now possible!
- Please consider that presented research at ISRS2019 can also be submitted for a full publication in an SCI-ranked special issue. Details on the submission process will be posted on this webpage.
The Institute of Hydrobiology and Aquatic Ecosystem Management at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU) is happy to invite you to the Biennial Symposium of the International Society for River Science (ISRS). The conference will be held from Sept. 08th to Sept. 13th 2019 in Vienna, Austria under the theme
“Riverine landscapes as coupled socio-ecological systems”.
Thematic scope: The upcoming symposium will emphasise research related to the use and protection of water resources considering complex and large river systems. Topics, such as the structure (biological, chemical, and physical) and functioning of lotic ecosystems, will be addressed through disciplines contributing to the integrative field of river science. Amongst others, these comprise aquatic and floodplain ecology, monitoring of freshwater biodiversity, food web interactions, restoration of freshwater ecosystems, hydrologic connectivity, balancing human and ecological objectives, urban ecosystems, ecotoxicology, ecosystem management and ecosystem services.
The symposium serves as a wide platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences between science and practice. As organisers, we are eager to provide a memorable experience of your attendance at ISRS 2019. Stay up to date via our website!
Target groups: universities, research institutions, administrative organisations, government agencies, engineering consultants, decision-makers, stakeholders, environmental organisations.
- April 2019: Deadline for abstract submission
- May 2019: Acceptance notification
- June 2019: Deadline early registration
- Sept. 8 - 13: ISRS 2019!